Gluten-Free Sweet Potato Tortilla is a great idea to spice up your lunch or dinner. Serve it with salsa and guacamole, sprinkle with fresh coriander, and voilà! It is also a perfect snack for social gatherings and parties. Put a bowl with salsa, guacamole and chopped coriander in the middle of the plate, and pile up the tortillas around it. Not only does will it present itself beautifully, but it will also be the first one to disappear from the table. Trust me, I have seen it happen many times.
The greatest thing about this Gluten-Free Sweet Potato Tortilla is that it doesn’t need any food additives or raising agents. The dough doesn’t grow, but once you flip the tortilla over it will puff like a balloon filled with air. To make this effect last, make sure you don’t put the tortillas on top of each other when moving them from the pan to the plate. Don’t worry if it doesn’t work and the air comes out. Sometimes a tiny puncture is enough for the dough layers to stick back together. It doesn’t matter. Just keep trying and you will see that this dish is both delicious and fun to make! 😊
Gluten-Free Sweet Potato Tortilla
Ingredients for 20 tortillas:
– 1 cooked sweet potato – 600 g (weighed raw, without peel)
– 100 g of potato starch
– 120 g of corn flour + flour for sprinkling
– 120 g of rice flour
- Put all ingredients in a bowl and knead with hand. Form a ball of dough and leave covered with a cloth for about 30 minutes.
- Take a portion of the dough (the equivalent of a tablespoon), form a ball, and roll it out on the pastry board, generously sprinkling with flour.
- Fry on a dry pan on both sides. After flipping to the other side, the dough should puff, and a large babble of air should form inside. This means the tortilla is ready.
The dough is very tender before frying. It gets harder once you place it on the pan.
You can use a spatula for pancakes to transport your tortillas to the pan.